The BC Conservative Party Speaks for You Not Unions, Corporations or NGO’s
We are a grass roots party that takes no donation from corporations or unions. We are here for you…the people of British Columbia.
The British Columbia Conservative Party is firmly committed to the principle that government must be accountable to the taxpayers of the province. It must also be transparent.
1. We believe in clearly defined public policies and programs that are affordable, effective and accountable to the people.
.2. We believe in managing with the highest standards of integrity and transparency; British Columbians are entitled to full knowledge of services rendered.
3. We believe in the rights and responsibilities of all British Columbians and that governments at all levels are in place to serve and respect all individuals and their families, including freedom from unnecessary laws and regulations
4. We believe that Members of the Legislative Assembly (MLAs) should be empowered to best represent the interests of their Constituents.
5. We believe in restructuring the taxation system to maximize benefits for the greatest number of BC citizens.
6. We believe in:
• a competitive free enterprise system as the basis for prosperity and growth.
• protection and management of our environment and natural resources to optimize benefits now and into the future.
• a rigorous system of law and order that focuses on the rights of victims.
• patient-centered health care.
• student-focused education.
• Protection of the rights and freedoms of individual British Columbians.
• inter-Provincial “Free Trade” across Canada.
7. We believe in the principle of equality for all British Columbians, with special privileges for none. This principle includes the protection of private property
The above is taken from the BC Conservative Policy booklet.
To download or read our policies click here: BC Conservative Policy Document